Col Crawford Pty Ltd ABN 27 001 798 081 respects and upholds your rights under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (cth). The National Privacy Principles apply to us from their introduction in late 2001.
The policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you. As a Col Crawford customer/ supplier, we hold personal information about you.
This information is stored in hard copy within our Administration records and is accessible only by relevant Administration staff. Further, limited staff have access to your address and vehicle particulars via our internal computer system.
What personal information about you does Col Crawford hold?
We may hold the following information about you:
- Name, address, telephone number (s), fax number, email address, date of birth, sex,
- Vehicle purchase particulars;
- Vehicle sale particulars;
- Vehicle service history;
- Your financial position and property ownership records if you are obtaining finance with us;
- Your financial position and property ownership records if you have a service or parts account with us;
- Any additional information you provide such as when you contact our Customer Relations Department or call us for roadside assistance; and
- Any information you may provide to us through customer surveys.
What does Col Crawford do with your personal information?
We use your personal information for the purpose of:
- Fulfilling our ongoing obligations (including warranty, roadside assistance and manufacturer recalls on your vehicle whether it be a safety or mechanically related matter) to you as the owner/ driver of a vehicle we have sold to you; or
- Responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us; or
- We may also use it for customer service requirements and contacting you for service related information and other vehicle related matters and/or direct mail from this company for general purposes.
- At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for our primary purpose or by law) by contacting our Customer Relations Department.
Who will Col Crawford disclose your personal information to:
We may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to:
- The car manufacturers or distributors of your car, on the condition that they use it for the same purposes as set out above and only in connection with that relevant make of car;
- The advisors, consultants and contractors the car manufacturers or distributors of your car ordinarily engages for customer service requirements, direct mail and market research purposes;
- Advisors, consultants and contractors Col Crawford ordinarily engages for customer service requirements, direct mail and market research purposes;
- Any government body for the purpose of motor vehicle registration and law enforcement matters as required by law;
- Relevant financial institutions where an application for finance and/ or insurance has been made.
- Col Crawford will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by contacting our Customer Relations Department at PO Box 429, Brookvale 2100. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (eg mailing or emailing it to you).
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it, and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
Any questions about this policy or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Col Crawford, should be made in writing to the Customer Relations Department.
Col Crawford Website
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are. The amount of information that you provide to Col Crawford's will depend on the range and number of services that you choose to use. Certain sections of the Col Crawford website may require you to provide us with personal information, including you name and email address. Personal information will only be requested if it is necessary to provide a service to you or if it is necessary by law to collect the information.
By using Col Crawford's website, you agree that the internet in inherently insecure and that accordingly we can only use our best endeavours to secure your personal information and cannot provide any definitive assurances regarding security of personal information. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Col Crawford will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
In this policy "personal information" has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
This policy is effective from 21 December 2001. We may change this policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Col Crawford in any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside this policy. Col Crawford may do so, subject only to any other applicable contractual rights you have and any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.