This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected by Col Crawford Pty Ltd (ABN 27 001 798 081).
We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act & the Australian Privacy Principles which govern the collection, quality, use, access, storage & disclosure of personal information.
What information we collect
We may hold the following information about you (not limited to):
- name, address, telephone number (s), fax number, email address, date of birth, sex;
- CV, qualifications, and job application details;
- vehicle purchase or sale particulars including drivers licence details;
- vehicle service history;
- your financial position and property ownership records if you are obtaining finance with us;
- your financial position and property ownership records if you have a service or parts account with us;
- information to enable us to verify transactions and customer details, and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes; or
- any information you may provide to us through customer surveys.
How we collect it
We only collect personal information necessary to conduct our primary business activities. We also collect personal information related to employment services, human resource management, and other corporate service functions. For example if you apply for a position with the company; if you call us for roadside assistance; or if you book a service for your vehicle online.
How we use it
The primary purpose we collect information about you is to provide you with the products and services you have requested. We may also use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using, for the purpose of:
- fulfilling our ongoing obligations (including registration, warranty, roadside assistance, manufacturer recalls on your vehicle, safety or mechanical related matters) to you as the owner/driver of a vehicle we have sold to you;
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submitted to us;
- communicating service related information and other vehicle related matters to fulfil for customer service requirements;
- providing you with news and information about our products and services; and
- personalising and customising your experience.
Disclosure of information
We may use or disclose personal information held about you for the primary purpose for which it was collected. We may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to:
- the car manufacturers or distributors of your car, on the condition that they use it for the same purposes as set out above;
- the advisors, consultants and contractors the car manufacturers or distributors of your car ordinarily engages for customer service requirements, direct mail, and market research purposes;
- advisors, consultants, or contractors Col Crawford ordinarily engages for customer service requirements, direct mail, and market research purposes;
- any government body for the purpose of motor vehicle registration and law enforcement matters as required by law; or
- relevant financial institutions where an application for finance and/or insurance has been made.
We place great importance on the security of personal information and take steps to protect against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure. When no longer required your personal information is destroyed in a secure manner.
In general, you can visit our website without being identified. When you read, browse or download information, our system will collect personal information and other data through the use of a cookie or other automated means including server logs. The information collected may include your IP address, date and time of your visit, the site from which you linked to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This will only be used to help us improve online services. You may choose to disallow cookies through your web browser settings. This site may contain links to other websites which may collect your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content on those sites. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
Access to information
Subject to some exceptions in the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access to, and update the personal information we hold about you. Any questions about this policy or any complaint regarding handling of your personal information by Col Crawford should be made in writing to the Customer Relations Department at state PO Box 7137, Warringah Mall, NSW, 2100.
Opting in or out
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information, or to receive any communications from us. You may “opt out” at any time from receiving any communications from us (other than as required for our primary purpose or by law) by contacting our Customer Relations Department.
Alterations to policy
We may from time to time review, update, and change our policy, including to take into account new or amended laws, new technology, and/or changes to our operations. All information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Col Crawford in any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside this policy. Col Crawford may do so, subject only to any other applicable contractual rights you have and any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.
This policy is effective from 12 March 2014.